Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Mrami

They will reimage your disc based on the support page software status i.e. >1 year old drivers + original Windows ver. Newer drivers are neither listed nor supported, that's a sad reality. That is a huge detriment of AMD driver support initiative that many pushing for AMD involvement did not understand. You can use them but cannot expect HP to deal with consequences of using them, sort of "use at your own risk". Utterly dishonest and slimy logic by HP. Especially that they stubbornly refuse to include them in the supported pool. How convenient... Here you're on your own. Really infuriating. For that reason no more HP for me, in whatever shape or form. That was my first and last purchase.

HP Recommended

This whole debacle wth the extremely slow driver resolution from AMD, bios BS, and bad tech info is asinine. Its almost like HP tech support is being deliberately sadistic in the treatment of customers.  I will never again buy anything made by HP or AMD.... Have a good day .......

HP Recommended

About the lost power supply, they told me that I might have not sent it with the computer (despite it was expicitly told that it had to be included), and that after verifying the videos of the repairing intervent it was not present, so they're not going to send me another one. Probably it was lost by the courier before the packaging was completed before delivery, and they do not respond about this.

The laptop itself has been sent for another repairing procedure, that has been immediately blocked after receiving the laptop. They still do not know why, they will tell me when the repair center will inform them.

My experience is getting worse day after day. Instead of hoping for a competent on-warranty assistance, I should have replaced the motherboard by myself, instead of losing a lot of time and money (I will have to buy another power supply and I am afraid that they will ask me money to send back my laptop).

HP Recommended

@proxyx wrote:

@Mrami

They will reimage your disc based on the support page software status i.e. >1 year old drivers + original Windows ver. Newer drivers are neither listed nor supported, that's a sad reality. That is a huge detriment of AMD driver support initiative that many pushing for AMD involvement did not understand. You can use them but cannot expect HP to deal with consequences of using them, sort of "use at your own risk". Utterly dishonest and slimy logic by HP. Especially that they stubbornly refuse to include them in the supported pool. How convenient... Here you're on your own. Really infuriating. For that reason no more HP for me, in whatever shape or form. That was my first and last purchase.

I work in software industry, hence I can self support my own hardware, just like my gaming PC where  I update it's GPU driver from NVIDIA's GeForce Experience. Don't expect rolling Xbox One software update support from consumer HP.

I'm satisfied with AMD's driver update from it's web site.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I'm on BIOS F16 still and running 19.4.1 AMD Adrenalin 2019 edition drivers.  My laptop is the 15-bq108ca using the 83C6 board.  I am having still having minor instability... mostly when running hardware acceleration in Chrome.  It is much more stable now compared to  a year ago, back in early 2018, when there were basically no drivers available except for force installed 18.1.X or 18.3.X drivers or the crappy 22.19.655 drivers.

I wonder if I should risk installing F19 for the newer AGESA version.  I'd have to get it from a third party host (Mega), but I also read people's CPU wouldn't go past 1.6 GHz on that BIOS.  Also, would it cause issues with the 19.4.X drivers?

Besides the minor instability; I also have the LCD brightness issue after sleeping... wherein the brightness controls don't work after waking from sleep.  Gaming performance on 19.4.1 is pretty good though... increased framerates and less GPU throttling.

HP Recommended

@quintessence22 wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm on BIOS F16 still and running 19.4.1 AMD Adrenalin 2019 edition drivers.  My laptop is the 15-bq108ca using the 83C6 board.  I am having still having minor instability... mostly when running hardware acceleration in Chrome.  It is much more stable now compared to  a year ago, back in early 2018, when there were basically no drivers available except for force installed 18.1.X or 18.3.X drivers or the crappy 22.19.655 drivers.

I wonder if I should risk installing F19 for the newer AGESA version.  I'd have to get it from a third party host (Mega), but I also read people's CPU wouldn't go past 1.6 GHz on that BIOS.  Also, would it cause issues with the 19.4.X drivers?

Besides the minor instability; I also have the LCD brightness issue after sleeping... wherein the brightness controls don't work after waking from sleep.  Gaming performance on 19.4.1 is pretty good though... increased framerates and less GPU throttling.

With Chrome

1. In URL, type in chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blacklist

2. Search for Choose "ANGLE graphics backend"

3. Select D3D9

I'm running F.19 BIOS with 83C6 board and 19.4.1 driver. I haven't encountered LCD brightness and 1.6Ghz CPU issues. 

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Me too, bios F.19, 83C6 board and 19.2.3 driver all going fine, cpu on cinebench keeps around 2.7 Ghz and 76 degree.

Have an hardware problem with the fan a little noisy at low rpm since it was new, now it souds like a diesel engine sometimes 😄

HP Recommended

SPOILER: (almost) good ending!

My CSO has been associated with one specific operator within the assistance call center, so I had to interact with her to manage the claim and the second assistance trial. After claiming about the first warranty service (for the lost of the power supply and not repairing the computer), my notebook has been sent a second time to the Hungary HP service center, and the power supply lost has been investigated.

After some days, that operator told me that:

1. The power supply did not come to the service center, after analyzing videos and photos of the unpackaging and asking to the service center operators.
  2. The service center claimed me for installing unproper video device drivers, which caused the BSOD problem.

I answered the operator with this reasonings:

1. The UPS courier did not package the computer and power supply in front of me, so the power supply has been probably been lost by UPS before the packaging. I also called UPS assistance and they told me that, since the shipping order was done by HP, HP has to claim this lost. The HP operator told me that, in this case, HP does not respond of this lost, since the procedure has not been followed.
  2. I told that I tried also the official AMD drivers from the AMD website, BUT the problems I reported (also filing a report with pictures of the video flickering, blocks, and artifacts) happen also when upgrading the provided Windows 1703 to 1803 or 1809, just by installing Windows updates.

After this call, the operator sent my answer to the Hungary service center. After a few days, my laptop came back, and the repair report tells that they priorly updated Windows, then reimaged the disk AND replaced the motherboard reported as defective.IMG_20190428_0001.jpg

The new motherboard is the same model, already updated to F.20, but the "born date" in BIOS reports a date newer to my purchase.

After some tests and re-updating Windows, with the 22.19.655.1, I still have flickering in videos, but this time I can run the newest 25.20.xx drivers without any BSOD. The newest drivers don't have the flickering video problem. The only problem is that after standby the screen brightness is no more adjustable until reboot.

So after some trouble (and the lost of my power supply), I finally have a working motherboard.

HP Recommended

Have you tried the Actual AMD drivers I have the F20 bios and have none of your issues..

HP Recommended

@xxalazin wrote:

Have you tried the Actual AMD drivers I have the F20 bios and have none of your issues..

I have reported only one issue with the newest AMD drivers, that is the lack of brightness control after standby.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.