Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have not seen any negatives on the F21 REV A bios update. Anyone out there using it I'm on F20 with no issues? I won't update until I get confirmation that F21 is safe...

HP Recommended

OK, I've risked it all for F21. Previously I was on F19 and all was working fine except it messed up my USB ports meaning they wouldn't recognise or tether my phone. With F21 that is fixed, no problems with graphics drivers, running latest Adrenaline 19.8.1 downloaded straight from AMD. I have of course lost the 1GB V-Ram allocation, down to 256 MB, which means nothing except I now have 768MB more ram for general use. Another annoying side effect of the BIOS update was my sign in options of PIN and facial recognition had to be reset.

HP Recommended

Well I just did it updated to F21 No apparent issues no real performance changes. did not even mess with my photo log on

HP Recommended

Updated yesterday, had a little problem with display brightness stuck at minimum after every shutdown, now updated video driver and seem that the problem is solved.

No change in performances but pretty sure that it produces less heat.

With F19 the fan was on for more time and at higher speed in web browsing, now with same load it starts only at low speed and for shorter time

HP Recommended

The only problem I have with F21 is I can no longer boot into Safemode in Windows, as the default graphics driver just keeps crashing the system in a loop.

HP Recommended

Damned F19, updated Win10 to 1903 and using AMD latest 19.8.1, fast, snappy and no issues... everything works like new, can't explain LOL, fingers crossed. Not touching BIOS, I've had it.

HP Recommended

The only quirk I've noticed about the F.21 BIOS is that it takes a bit longer for the computer to resume from sleep. On the previous BIOS (F.19), it resumed faster. Not a big deal but strange still.

HP Recommended

If only that was due to low price, but even the Elite X2 series have bad support.

HP Recommended

Well hail hail some of the old gang is here, As we all can see F21 didn't appear to break anything. Mines been stable since AMD started to support the chip even in F20. Only took them over a year. No problems seems to be 100 percent stable. I don't use it much at all, too many bad feelings when I  think of all the lost time spent fighting with Amd and HP..I could sell it but not going to. I keep it only to remind me that Amd will always find a way to cut their own throat.... I will NEVER buy any future AMD or HP product ..  have a good day

HP Recommended

So many boring, tedious moaners here. This is an amazing laptop and anyone who knows how to install drivers through device manager should have had very few issues with the graphics, Ryzen mobile teething problems aside. Good luck finding another make of laptop as elegant, feature-packed and trouble-free as this for the money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.