Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You think whatever you want that's your opinion. Amd and HP don't deserve respect. Tough if you don't agree. Two crappy companies....They will let you down already a proven fact.....

HP Recommended

I have fewer problems with Dell's offerings.

HP Recommended

I don't blame people for being resentful due to the BIOS problems. It's one thing to have outdated drivers (which thankfully AMD took care of by including Ryzen Mobile in their regular video driver updates as they should have done from the start, but better late than never), but it's another to have a BIOS update that LITERALLY renders your PC USELESS and that you can't even REVERT because not even tech support's secret key combo to revert the update works, and you have to resort to basically force-installing a desktop video driver to make it function properly. THAT is pretty unacceptable since it is something that an average consumer could not handle by themselves and HP fully deserves the blame for that mess-up.

HP Recommended

Agree and add that there is also a little fault from microsoft, updating windows every 6 month.

If latest drivers are designed for 1903 there is no guarantee that they will work with previous versions with same stability, installed 19.8 on windows 1803 and was crashing with video, installed 19.5.2 and all is working fine.

Its a jungle.

HP Recommended

@Hatshepsut1 wrote:

So many boring, tedious moaners here. This is an amazing laptop and anyone who knows how to install drivers through device manager should have had very few issues with the graphics, Ryzen mobile teething problems aside. Good luck finding another make of laptop as elegant, feature-packed and trouble-free as this for the money.

😲

Hindsight is always 20/20. Read your initial posts... My laptop was totally locking up, installing drivers was not an easy task with no guarantee it's the only thing that's needed... Who could have ever suspected HP to functionally destroy its own product? Claim warranty or fix it yourself, who knew what's right? Did you?

Thanks to moaners like that you got a chance to recover from dead comfortably, on someones back... show some gratitude.

HP Recommended

Yep the squeaky wheel is the only one that gets greased.....

HP Recommended

People crying they'll never buy a HP or AMD laptop again are I think over-reacting a little. These were the first Ryzen laptops, and suffered some teething problems. Maybe I'm a bit over-defensive, but I couldn't be more delighted with this machine. It packs a lot of amazing tech in a premium package. The biggest issue I had along the way was flickering videos in Chrome, and that was pretty easily worked around. 

HP Recommended

Not over reacting at all. Its obvious that your one of those AMD fanboys that believes AMD and HP can do no wrong... apparently you did not spend hours and hours trying to get this POS to work when all it would have took was HP and AMD doing real customer support. Even though mine seems stable now. I can't even look at the thing without being reminded how crappy it was before.  I rarely even turn it on..  

HP Recommended

Anyone have linux running or having issues with virtual machines with the newest bios? Trying to get virtual box to work well killed my windows install.

HP Recommended

I'm running Memu fine, which runs on a virtualbox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.