Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Did you have to do anything to windows? I can run vms in virtual box, but its not a great experience to what it should be.

HP Recommended

Did you go into the BIOS and enable VM?

HP Recommended

Hatshepsut1,

Installing most 18.x drivers via Windows device manager causes other issues such as resolution stuck at 1920x1080p, broken  OpenCL and Vulkan which needs Display Driver Uninstaller to be run before updating drivers.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Why are you using device manager?. AMD driver package will now properly install the latest driver on all Ryzen mobile apus.. Just make sure you use DDU (display driver remover) to remove all trace of the old AMD drivers.....

HP Recommended

My post's context is  issues from 2017 to 2018. I'm  fine with installing 19.x era drivers.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

IMO DDU is overrated. Never had a need to use it regardless of AMD software version. Every AMD Adrenaline driver contains AMDCleanupUtility which does what DDU do. Eventual leftovers (if they exist) have no bearing on driver functionality. I have not seen any benefit of using DDU over AMDCleanupUtility which is initialized automatically (may be run manually too) when new driver is installed via Setup.exe. Installing the driver via INF (force install) may results in display driver installation missing other minor components depending on version, thou it shouldn't. Some issues may arise mostly due to driver incompatibility which is usually the case with force installation (similar but not the exact driver).

HP Recommended

Force installing the drivers can also have unintended positive consequences. On one of the 18 drivers I had FreeSync enabled, something I've not been able to do with any of the official ones. Does anyone know how to force enable it?

HP Recommended

FreeSync is not designed for every graphics/monitor combination. It may work for some officially unsupported but capable hardware, but doesn't have to due to compatibility issues. In short: shot in the dark. Unlikely to work as designed/intended. 

HP Recommended

Why does it matter if I use DDU. So what if the AMD driver has a cleanup utility.  i've used DDU to cleanup each install and NEVER had a problem. To each his own. I prefer DDU......

HP Recommended

Yes,

It was enabled in bios; just had bad performance/stability compared to other laptops that I had. Doesn't matter now though. I went into a rabbit hole and found some possible reasons. I ended up disabling a windows feature and that broke windows. Currently trying to get my laptop to be productive. Also, sorry for the late response been  busy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.