Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

.Finally got the screen res to work by going into advanced graphics and forcing Amd laptop to list all modes. It works in 2160 now. But if I try to scale tv and movies app to full screen (no Black Bars} audio sync goes off and I get a double ghosting on color. I can do 2160 on both my gaming laptops 1060 and RTX 2060 without ghosting, but full screen still goes off audio sync on all laptops but one. My little Surface GO with only a lowly pentium dual care, 8gb, and Hd615 will play the Atmos files in glorious full screen and with perfect audio sync. Nvidia and Radeon graphics both failed.. INTEL HD WINS.. 

HP Recommended

Good, but that would only confirm my suspicion that 4K is not fully implemented, what is a possibility.

The fact that 4K is not listed in Vega 8m specs tells us something... Another story is x360 graphics-TV compatibility, especially HDMI implementation on both ends, sync issues may be related to that (quite likely)... hard to say. This laptop was designed to match, first of all, touch FHD display specs and beyond that we don't know much.

HP Recommended

Xxalazin,

FYI, I have connected my HP Envy x360 15z to 32 inch LG 32UL950 (4K, HDR, Freesync) via HDMI  with 4K HDR 

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Well, then it sounds like Xxalazin TV HDMI port issue, possible mismatch. Good news though Ron_valen.

Sync issues are often occurring with slightly older HDMI implementations.

Check your TV support page for updates.

HP Recommended

Well one out of four ain't bad..hey maybe Microsoft has secretly enhanced windows 10 for the surface device. May the surface chips are forged by ancient alien tech....ha ha ha ha........good night all ,have a good week....

HP Recommended

Didn't mean physical port, HDMI port software rather. Comes with TV FW.

HP Recommended

Proxy,

When I connected LG 32UL950 to my 2500U with 4K resolution and HDMI, HDR logo has appeared. I enabled Windows 10's Windows HD Color settings i.e. Stream HDR video and  Play HDR games and apps switches.

Btw, I installed 19.9.2 driver and game resolution list in "Divinity Original Sin 2" works fine.

LG 32UL950 was purchased in year 2019.

My laptop's built-in display has "Stream HDR video" enabled.

Specs: HP Envy x360 15z bq-100-CTO with Ryzen 5 2500U, 16GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe M2 SSD, 1TB 7200 RPM HDD.
HP Recommended

Nope your all wrong.. BAD HDMI cable... I was playing with my RTX laptop got artifacting on just the screen and then TV kept disconnecting. Tried a different cable most problems gone. Still get out of sync audio but it works fine as long as I don't click to fill screen...

HP Recommended

Cables are first suspects. This is where you start. Read my first post. Obvious things are usually last on the checklist... Enjoy.

HP Recommended

First bad hdmi cable I ever saw...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.