Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 17-cd0014nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,I have problem with my graphic card nvidia gtx 1650 on HP Gaming Pavilion - 17-cd0014nm...i have tried evryithing that i find on the net but nothing helps....

tried install new drivers...automatically and manual...nothing happen....

with ge force expirience...nothing....

and I bought laptop 1 month ago......sorry for bad english

please help....

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@TI11, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what is the issue you are facing with the HP PC?

For now, let us try these steps:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,the problem is graphic card,simply wont work...and nvidia control panel wont open....device manager says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)....

system check is ok,but device manager has the same answer.....what to do?Snimka zaslona (3).png20191202_193852.jpgScreenshot (4).png

HP Recommended

@TI11

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue: 

Uninstall and Re-install the Device Driver

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Locate your graphics card driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
    Error code 43 Windows 10 AMD
  3. When the confirmation dialog appears, check Remove driver software for this device and click the Uninstall button.
    Gtx 1060 code 43

After removing the driver, restart your PC and Windows 10 will automatically install the default display driver.

Now, Update the Device Driver

1. Press the Win key + X to open the Win + X menu and select Device Manager from there.
  2. Click Display adapter and then you should right-click your graphics card to open further context menu options as below
  3. Now select Update Driver Software from there to open the window directly below.
  4. Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on that window to see if any updates are required. Now Windows will update the video card drivers if required.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

just tried...no resultScreenshot (4).png

HP Recommended

@TI11

Thank you for the information.

There is always the chance that the error Code 43 you're seeing on a device was caused by some temporary problem with the hardware. If so, a restart of your computer might fix the Code 43 error.

Note: Some users have also reported that powering off their computer completely (not just a reset) and then turning it back on has corrected their Code 43 issue, especially if it exists on a USB device. In the case of a laptop, turn it off and remove the battery, wait a few minutes, and then put the battery back in and start the computer.

• Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 43 error appeared? If so, it's possible that the change you made caused the Code 43 error.

Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 43 error.

Depending on the changes you made, some solutions might include:
    • Removing or reconfiguring the newly installed device
    • Rolling back the driver to a version prior to your update
    • Using System Restore to undo recent Device Manager related changes

• Reinstall the drivers for the device. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a possible solution to a Code 43 error.

Important: If a USB device is generating the Code 43 error, uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controller’s hardware category in Device Manager as part of the driver reinstall. This includes any USB Mass Storage Device, USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub.

Note: Properly reinstalling a driver, as in the instructions linked above, is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch.
  • Update the drivers for the device. It's also very possible that installing the latest drivers for the device could correct the Code 43 error.
    If updating the drivers does remove the Code 43 error, it means that the stored Windows drivers you reinstalled in Step 3 were probably damaged or were the wrong drivers.
  • Install the latest Windows service pack. One of Microsoft's service packs or other patches for Windows might contain a fix for whatever might be causing the Code 43 error, so if you're not fully updated, do so now.
  • Update BIOS. In some situations, an outdated BIOS could be causing a specific issue with a device that is making it report an issue to Windows - thus the Code 43 error.
  • Replace the data cable that connects the device to the computer, assuming it has one. This potential fix for a Code 43 error is most often useful if you're seeing the error on an external device like a USB or FireWire device.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

i have tried everything you mentioned but nothing helps,except battery changing,I thing that is not possible on this device without losing warranty...

HP Recommended

@TI11

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.