Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you again

The problem still persists. The battery discharged to 71% according to the gauge & then the pc shut down with no warning. This was after about 80 minutes from the gauge showing 90% (it wont reach 100%)

I noticed this message upon restarting so i assume it`s new battery time?

HP Laptop battery error message.jpg

HP Recommended

@DaveDavycoo

Primary (internal) Battery (601) means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log.

The storage capacity, also known as capacity, of a rechargeable battery is the amount of energy the battery can store to power a portable device such as a notebook computer. The lower the storage capacity of a battery, the shorter amount of time it can power a portable device. When battery storage capacity is very low, the battery is near the end of its useful life. All rechargeable batteries gradually lose their storage capacity. This loss in capacity (aging) is irreversible and cannot be restored.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, so a replacement JC04 battery will sort the issue out?

HP Recommended

@DaveDavycoo

That's correct. We need to replace the battery for this error.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi, i have the same problem, but i do not get that alert upon startup...

HP Recommended

@ sui3 Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery -

1. In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”. 
2. Expand “Batteries”. 
3. Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
4. Click on “Uninstall”. 
5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 
6. Shutdown the computer. 
7. Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. 
8. When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 
9. Go to Device Manager. 
10. Expand Batteries. 
11. Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
12. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Repeat the same steps for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Also, try updating the BIOS - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.