Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,187 Views)

HP Laptop won't Start/Boot up

Product Name: JPM28UA#ABA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hello! I have a problem with my HP laptop.

Model Number: 15-f023wm

Whenever I try to turn on my laptop, you can hear the fan atempting to run but it stops. The Caps Lock LED blinks 3 times, then stops in a pattern. The LED for the WIFI is on as well, but it is red (can't remember if it is supposed to be red or white) The charge battery light turns on and is functional. I did screen tests and it's not the screen.

I have tried the trick of holding the power button with everything unplugged, etc. but it won't turn on. This problem has happened more than once and I'm not sure why it is doing it. Everything else seems to be functional but the laptop just won't boot up.

Someone told me that I may have a problem with my RAM memory but I'm not 100% sure. I have tried to get to my RAM memory but the screws won't budge.

If anyone can please help me in any way possible please do! I haven't downloaded anything recently and I usually use this laptop to play video games and do homework.
The last thing I remember doing to the laptop was downloading an update for the computer. Naturally it turned off and won't turn back on

PLEASE HELP!
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 2 (1,166 Views)

Re: HP Laptop won't Start/Boot up

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. I regret about your issue with your computer.

Please, read this article:

http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03515402

and follow the proper instructions based on the most appropriate scenario.

Probably these:

LED lights blink but the computer does not start  or
The computer starts, but the display is blank or unresponsive

In some cases, the issue cannot be resolved remotely or by the end user, so you may end up bringing the computer to HP Authorized Service Center. If you cannot fix the issue based on the instructions, please contact HP service center to have it checked by technicians. If you are not sure where such center is located, please contact HP Support for more info:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Your feedback is important
* You can say Thanks and give me LIKE with the Thumb Up+ button (+1)
* Please, use the button to accept this post as a solution if my comment helped

IT_WinSec : I am not employed by HP Inc. I am a volunteer and I express personal opinion only. I work in IT and cyber security
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation