Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP omen 15 EN0002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Until yesterday my computer was working just fine, I was playing games with no issues, but today after booting up Dota 2 and my usual games i notice a drastic decrease in performance, it has become unplayable! Every single game stutters and goes down to 12 fps and i have no clue what is going on. Until yesterday all my games runned at 100fps+ with absolutely no issue!

Things that i noticed; the fans no longer increase in power/noise when booting games, yesterday any game i played would cause an increase in the fan noise (to keep the notebook cool) which was normal, but now they stay at idle noise (very quiet) which is very weird.

The only thing that changed from yesterday was a Windows 10 update that i noticed, which was only a security one that i wasnt even aware of. I tried uninstalling that update since it seem like the only thing that would be causing this, but the problem remains. I tried to uninstall all the recent windows 10 uptades (from march 15 till today). But the problem persists.

I have to say for the record; when i first got this laptop it presented similar problems, but after updating the bios to the most recent version in order the problem seemed to be solved. But right now my computer feels like that, before i updated the bios it had these weird performance issues.

I've tried updating my graphics card driver,  but it didnt help. I really dont know what is the culprit of this, because like i said, my computer was just fine yesterday. But out of nowhere its having performance issues and the fans dont seem to work like they did before when running games. I really dont want to do another clean windows install, if thats the only solution i will do it but if after that this stays the same im gonna go insane. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

PLEASE, if anybody has experienced something similar i need to know, my laptop is less than 3 months old and if this is related to a hardware problem i need to return it or get it fixed, but if it's only software related issue i just want to solve it on my own.

I will do a clean windows re-install and update here after that. 

Please, I need help!

HP Recommended

I just checked the BIOS version on my laptop, and the current version installed is f.12, WHICH IS NOT LISTED EVERYWHERE IN THIS SITE!!! I have no clue how this happened, last version I installed was f.7 and i dont know where is this coming from, I NEED ASSITANCE FROM HP ASAP. 

HP Recommended

UPDATE: I rolled back to the last BIOS update available at HP's site. Which is f.7 (KEEP IN MIND MY LAPTOP HAD THE f.12 VERSION THAT IS NOT EVEN IN HP'S DRIVERS). The installer warned me that i was installing an older BIOS version but i did it anyways. 

And the problem is solved. Somehow. Also HP support assistant does not warn me about needing to update my BIOS even thought i rolled back to an "older one". What is going on here? Is it possible for windows to overwrite your current BIOS firmware via windows update without telling me? Because i have no memory of ever installing a f.12 version of my BIOS.

This is extremly weird. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.