Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 - ce030tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I uninstalled some of the HP softwares and now my HP omen keyboard button isn't working 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @dominichuah

I have no way of knowing what you removed or how, so this may or may not work.

Try reinstalling these two files.

HP System Event Utility    sp81404.exe

Omen Command Center   sp80856.exe

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @dominichuah

I have no way of knowing what you removed or how, so this may or may not work.

Try reinstalling these two files.

HP System Event Utility    sp81404.exe

Omen Command Center   sp80856.exe

Let me know how it goes.
HP Recommended
I've tried reinstalling those two and it didn't work but after installing the hp wireless button driver it worked. Doesn't really make sense why it worked though. Thanks!
HP Recommended

Like I said, its hard to know what was removed in the begining. Glad you got it working now.

Thanks for the update and Kudos. :generic:

HP Recommended

I have installed and restarted but the problem is not solved yet. so please make some other options to fix this windows key issue

HP Recommended

@ArunMozhi_1992

I would if I could. If you tried all the solutions above and it did not work, contact HP Support for warranty help.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Is your windows key not working, @ArunMozhi_1992 @dominichuah? You have to press fn, and - if I remember correctly, F10 or f11; it will have a windows key.

HP Recommended

I have returend my Laptop to factory setting with the F11 function key!

I have tried many things however notthing worked.

Since i have my Laptop brought back to its virgin state with my recovery function, I installed all updates and it is working like a charme!

So to you all return it to virgin state.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.