2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP OMEN Control Issue

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone:

I have an HP OMEN Notebook (early version) and it had worked perfectly for years until yesterday morning when I turned it on and the keyboard didn't light up as it normally did. I tried using the HP OMEN Control app, but no matter what colour I choose, the keyboard doesn't change at all, in fact, it only partially lights up (sometimes the centre, some times the left, sometimes all of it except the WASD keys, and so on). I tried reinstalling the HP OMEN Control app from the HP website, but still doesn't work. I tried using the Fn+F5 keys, but doesn't work either.
After a ton of reboots, I formatted my laptop using the HP Recovery Manager, all the OMEN apps were freshly installed again, but the keyboard still doesn't light up.
I'm guessing something got messed up or corrupted in the registry, but I am unsure on what to do. There is absolutely no physical damage whatsoever, since this happened from one second to another. Everything worked fine last night.
If it works as extra information, I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro latest build (1909).

Thanks in advance for the response,

Eduardo

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation