NanetteTredoux
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 17 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit HP support assistant does not work

Omen by HP 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I Bought an HP Omen 17 laptop at the end of July. It came with Windows 10 home which was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. HP support assistant does not run despite numerous reinstallations and following every recommendation on the HP forums. It doesn't show in the start menu and when run from the folder in programs x86 it has no functionality. It doesn't show up in Programs and Features in Control Panel.

When eventually we log a case and get in touch with an official HP support person, we are told that this is a known bug, it is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro and all they can recommend is a factory reset which will mean I only have Windows 10 home and can't join the domain at the office. And that I have to reinstall the numerous applications on it - all of which I need and which will take up a lot of time which I don't have.

I find this most unsatisfactory. It seems to me that the install program for HP support assistant is at fault and should be updated for Windows 10 Pro.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,216
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @NanetteTredoux,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with HP Support Assistant not working on your HP laptop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post, I understand that HP support Assistant is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro and since you are not comfortable reverting back to the original Operating system. I have a work around.

The only concern that you are having is with the update, You can always log on to our website: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and download the drivers manually.

Or else you can perform Windows update, which should take care of this issue - HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎

I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
mohamadsoheil
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support is unique

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation