Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3011la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, very recently (2 weeks ago) I bought a HP Pavilion - 15-cs3011la but sometimes it would reaaaaaaally slow down, so I checked and the problem was that sometimes the CPU frequency would be at 0.19 GHz and nothing I could do (with the exception of a reboot) would move it from there, searched my issue online and I read that updating the BIOS could fix it, so I did and the problem persists with the difference that the CPU gets stuck at 0.99 GHz, wich is better but still worse than even the base frequency of the CPU.

Ive had the issue both on charger and on battery and temperature shouldnt be the issue as well, cause it has happened when the notebook is cold and also when its hot (after rebooting it works fine till it randomly happens again).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Gavo2

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the CPU issue. 

Let's try these steps to update the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try testing the hardware - 

1) Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2) Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3) On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4) Click Extensive Test. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.