Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an HP Pavilion 17- f147ng in front of me. A Windows 7 64bit is currently installed. This runs on an Intel SSD 530.

Now I wanted to install Windows 10 1909. The setup reaches 100%, then restarts and results in error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. Feels like all the instructions on the Internet tried, without success.

Bios and drivers are up to date.

After the 6th try I thought I would just reinstall.

Unfortunately, no hard drive is recognized during setup. Tried different drivers, unfortunately no success.

Is it even possible to upgrade the notebook to Windows 10?

greetings

otono

---- 

Hallo, 

vor mir habe ich ein HP Pavilion 17- f147ng. Aktuell ist ein Windows 7 64bit installiert. Dieses läuft auf einer Intel SSD 530.

Nun wollte ich Windows 10 1909 installieren. Das Setup erreicht 100%, startet dann neu und bringt den Fehler 0xc1900101 - 0x20017. Gefühlt alle Anleitungen im Internet probiert, ohne Erfolg.

Bios und Treiber sind auf dem neusten Stand.

Nach dem 6ten Versuch dachte ich mir, ich installiere einfach neu.

Leider wird beim Setup keine Festplatte erkannt. Verschiedene Treiber versucht, leider kein Erfolg.

Ist es überhaupt möglich das Notebook auf Windows 10 upzugraden?

Grüße

Otono

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

Spanish: HP Comunidad
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, your are right. Sorry 🙂

Now it is.

Greetings

HP Recommended

@Otono

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run an extensive Test on your Notebook first to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

May I know how are you upgrading to Windows 10?

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i have done the Test. It tells me thats a problem with the Network - IRQ exist. The HP Whatsapp Support says its a problem with RAM. RAM was also changed, problem stil exist.

I updated with iso usb and with the Download from MS page

HP Recommended

@Otono

I suggest you go through this Microsoft Forum Link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_install/windows-7-81-10-comp... for issues upgrading to Windows 10

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.