Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 600 wireless keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I just bought a wireless keyboard the function keys doesn't work when i want to use f1, f2, f3...  I tried everything and I do not know how to fix it and HP didn't give me any solution. How can I fix it? I need to not need to press fn to use the function keys... Thanks
I already tried to change on bios the function keys, pressed fn+esc or fn+lock key and it just closes the session, it doesn't work. I also tried to connect to another computer and it still not working. I'm using this keyboard with HP computer model Envy x360.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bakhtiyar_Z Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the function key is not working.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue

Try the steps recommended below.

To enable FN Lock on the All in One Media Keyboard, press the FN key, and the Caps Lock key at the same time. To disable FN Lock, press the FN key, and the Caps Lock key at the same time again.

Try the steps recommended below.

Click the "Start" button and select "Control Panel." Once the Control Panel loads select "Devices," and then "Keyboard."

Select your multimedia keyboard as the default keyboard from the list at the top of the screen. Check to "enable" multimedia keyboard buttons. You may be asked what functions specific buttons should have. Here you can either leave them with the default settings or select a different task for the buttons in question.

Click "Apply" to save the changes. You can now begin using the multimedia keys on your keyboard.

Go to the BIOS page on your PC and enable the action keys. 

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    Go to the system configuration tab.

4.    Select Action keys mode from the list and select Enable.

5.    Press F9 on the keyboard to save changes and exit.

If you still have issues after trying out the steps, it is by design that you need to hold Fn keys in order to use the functions keys.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with the PC. Click Here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.