Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DV7 6012TX 16GB installation messed the BIOS loadin?

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all I tried to install 2x 8Gb of Kingston AND Samsung 1.35L low voltage on this system and it now booting with a lag at the start, ie screen goes to black for about 2-3min, then windows seems load normally

In addition, i have re-inserted the original HP rams 2x4GB and still have same problem !!!

I tried to reflash the bios but no help !

DO i need to remove the motherboard battery? reset jumpers?

ALSO there is a UEFI installation on the download page and it inserts a partition on the HDD but how do i use it? There are NO options from the bios itself and no windows installation.

Any help woulf be grateful thanks

PS. Win10x64 but can downgrade to get the updates thanks 😛

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,577 81,470 10,165 21,846
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chasXXX

You are forcing your machine over its limit, not in the book therefore very hard to tell. Those books are on the following links:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv7-6000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5046247/m...

Mixing RAM always is not a good idea. Now you have TWO cars, from two different manufacturers even both cars have same specs but you know both of them won't start at the same time when the flag rises.

Please check the document called Maintenance and Service Guide to make sure to get the right support.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for misunderstanding...

the RAM were in pairs, 2x Kingston or 2x Samsung

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In addition, i have re-inserted the original HP rams 2x4GB and still have same problem !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am wondering if it a windows 10 issue, beacause the blue windows logo comes up, before it goes black for 2-3min

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation