Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I stop my touchpad from changing the text size on my computer?

HP Pavilion Laptop 15z-cw100

Windows 10 Home Build 18362

I am not sure how I do it so I can't tell you steps to recreate.

My problem is that sometimes when I am typing or surfing the internet I do some combination and the screen size jumps.

Troubleshooting already Peformed:

The research I have done suggests that the problem is with pinch zoom or synaptics touchpad but the instructions to disable it does not match my model.  It is almost as if pinch zoom was removed from this version but the problem it caused still exists?

It is not in mouse or touchpad settings to turn off pinch zoom.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@smirk132017,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to disable pinch to zoom option on the touchpad.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to disable pinch to zoom option.

Zooming in and out is available within many applications. Click to highlight Pinch Zoom. If the checkbox next to Pinch Zoom contains a checkmark and click the checkbox until a checkmark is removed to disable pinch zooming.

Pinch Zoom on the properties page

If you are unable to find the above settings, then follow the below steps.

1. Press Start button on the keyboard, type Mouse & Touchpad settings and select the top most search result.
  2. From the window click on Additional mouse option.
  3. Click on the Device Settings tab and click on Settings button.
  4. From the left side panel, click Pinch Zoom option and uncheck the box Enable Pinch Zoom.
  5. Click on Apply and OK.
  6. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

there is no pinch zoom under the setting as described.   I can not get back to the laptop until this weekend but can send a screen shot then.  

HP Recommended

@smirk132017,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you uninstall the touchpad driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That didn't work either.  The answer was to open the elan clickpad app, click options, click multi finger, disable zoom.  

HP Recommended

@smirk132017

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.