Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab208np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to get info on this Blue Screem that keeps crashing my machine   Bad_Pool_Caller   (Windows 10)

very annoying on a new laptop only a few months old and almost impossible to get sensible answers for someone who is not a computer expert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks to HP Support for getting in touch and checking out my notebook online. Otilia at Portugal support was really helpful and upgraded part of the BIOS and checked out the computer.  Well impressed and very grateful for the help.

Thank you HP

Marc Damon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@M_Damon-3

Welcome to HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Bad_Pool_Caller error. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Before I search for a solution, I need more information as to do you see any error messages?

Any updates installed on the PC before the issue happened?

Let me know if that helped

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.   Error message is the Blue screen coming up saying it's saving and going to restart +  percentage countdown before it closes.   As for message  it just says to tell support ....... Bad_Pool_Caller

The first time it happened was a couple of months ago after the big Windows 10 update.  After lots of searching and getting totally confused by all the different blue screens people were complaining about I decided to restore the system back before the update which at first seemed to cure the problem. However within a week it was doing it again!!

I have 2  other computers ...... 1 - my old HP laptop   and also a desktop PC both of which Microsoft updated to Windows 10 and have not had this problem with them  just minor probs of some things not working properly (usual Microsoft style) eventually put right over time by their updates.  But no blue screens on these.

I really like my new HP Pavillion but never knowing when it's going to crash is very frustrating.  I'm not a computer expert so try ing to understand all the different cures I keep reading is just leaving me more confused.  I am also worried if I do the wrong one I will muck things up even more .......... Please help   ( I haven't even finished paying for this laptop yet!!)

Thanks   Marc

HP Recommended

Hi@M_Damon-3, 

Thanks for the reply.

Then I suggest you perform the recovery and check if that takes care. This seems to be a Boot file corruption and can only be fixed by reinstalling the Windows Operating system. Follow the steps below to perform the recovery.

http://hp.care/2byIEKi

Let me know if that helped.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I'm afraid that even after reading all the stuff you suggested I am even more confused and as I am not a computer expert on technical stuff I am not willing to try to do all these things. Having paid a great deal of money to buy this computer I do not feel that I should have to attempt to carry out these operations and risk being told that my guarantee has been invalidated!  All changes to my computer have been done by Microsoft online and it seems pretty obvious that Windows 10 is causing a heck of a lot of problems to many people judging by the number of requests for help I have read online.

I think my best bet will be to return the computer to the store it was purchased from and get them to return it to HP, after all it's only a few months old.  

Thank you for trying to help me.  I have been a loyal HP user for many years and hope I will remain so.

Cheers   

Marc

HP Recommended

Thanks to HP Support for getting in touch and checking out my notebook online. Otilia at Portugal support was really helpful and upgraded part of the BIOS and checked out the computer.  Well impressed and very grateful for the help.

Thank you HP

Marc Damon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.