Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Ken:

I know I can't be of any help, that's for sure.  :generic:

I have read though, that a dual core processor may be better then a quad core, if you don't run programs that can take advantage of the multi-core architecture.

I recommend you start a new thread with your questions here, and see if someone has some decent guidance for you, as well as feeling free to post elsewhere on the net.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Dear Reader,

I want to upgrade my HP Pavillion dv6-1125ei and would like to know which CPU would be compatible with my Notebook.

Currently I have the below CPU.

CPU

I've also checked the service and maintenance manual but couln't find the CPU for my notebook.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello MrCiano.  I understand you'd like to upgrade your CPU.

I do not recommend that you upgrade the CPU in a notebook because each notebook is designed with certain CPUs in mind.  It is hard to say whether or not a CPU would work once installed in a machine.  However, if you really want to upgrade the CPU the best thing you can do is use a CPU mentioned in the notebook's Maintenance and Service Guide.

Here is a link to your notebook's guide.  The relevant section begins on page 96.  

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi, my computer is Hp Pavilion DV6-1237et. Its processor is CoreDuo as you see in the picture below. I need  processor contain at least 4 core. Which pocessor should i buy ? And can i change it myself ? Other wise must I go to the service ? I want to indicate that my computer's garanty has finished.

22.jpg

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion dv6-1359wm Entertainment Notebook that I am rebuilding and I was wondering if this applies to this model as well? It currently has an Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20 GHz. mPGA478 and I was looking to upgrade it to something faster.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.