7 REPLIES 7
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 15 gaming Keyboard ''sticking'' issues in game

I noticed you posted on my thread about the issue too. I ended up returning mine as nothing could solve it, even installing a different OS. Nobody at HP could figure it out.

I did some further reading on it, and I think it might have to do something with n-key rollover. I'll attach a link:

http://blog.controlspace.org/2010/08/n-key-rollover-what-it-is-and-how-to.html?m=1

Try typing "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" while pressing both the left and right shift buttons. My old laptop and the replacement laptop I got (after returning the HP gaming one) both got nearly perfect scores, but on the HP keyboard I just got a jumble of something like "TEQCBFXJPOREZYDG". That might potentially explain the sticking in game when you are pressing lots of keys at once.
0 Kudos
Noreiwor Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So the only thing that i can do is returning my laptop and get new one ? if i get a new replacement like-for-like same model, the problem still persists?

sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's not what I suggested, I can't tell you this or that because every is slightly different, and yours is not the same model as mine.

I had the same problem on the first unit HP sent me, and the exact same problem on the second unit HP sent out too, so I opted for a refund.

Did you try the double shift test? I'm interested to see what your keyboard got.

If your laptop is brand new, then if it was me I wouldn't really want it to be having problems like mine was out of the box. I would still try and see if live support at HP can solve it - they do remote control of your computer to try and solve it.

When those guys couldn't solve mine, considering it was new I decided it wasn't worth the bother.

0 Kudos
Noreiwor Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i try that and got 'THKBNFJSTHLAYDG'

0 Kudos
yeachan153 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, I mean it could potentially be that. The only reason  I think it could be that is because under normal use, like Word, browisng the internet etc, the keyboard is fine. But only when the keyboard is being pressed multiple buttons at a time under load - aka games, the issue comes up.

With my old laptop and the new laptop I got, I'm getting "THEQUICKBROWNFOXJUMPSOVERTHELAZYDOG" in the test. Both of these laptops don't have problems with keyboard in game.

Also, with mine the issue happenned about once every 5 minutes, not all the time.

Did you try having a live chat support with HP? They do a remote help session where they control your computer. It might be worth it.

0 Kudos
Noreiwor Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in my country only phone call is available. 2-3 day from now they will come and see my laptop i hope that they can help.

0 Kudos
rahulje9 Tutor
Tutor
15 9 1 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what did you do with the sticking issue?

i too have that

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation