Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I find the instructions for configuring and using the HP Pen (Windows 910942-001) that came with my new x360? It has two buttons on the side. The Windows/Settings/Pen shows a different model (one button on top). From google searches it seems that there exisits a HP utility for this particualr pen but I have not been able to find it.

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Phab

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

Try the below links:

HP Pen models 1MR94AA, Y0C43AV, and 1CP24AV

Information:

Courtesy of @dragon_Fur - Click here to check his post with a solution to related concern.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Phab

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

There are a few things you may want to consider doing before you can start using the HP Active pen:
Ensure its compatible with the device: Click here to verify.

If the device is compatible: Click here to check the user guide for details on how to configure it.

If you have any issues with the pen as such: Click here to troubleshoot

To check the app guide: Click here

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the guidance. Here's my results:

1. The pen is compatible and I confirm that it works with my HP Envy

2. I dowloaded the QuickSetup Guide User guide pdf to learn about the buttons

3. The user guide tells me to "...use the pen app, such as HP Pen Control...." to view or edit the button configuration. The app HP Pen Control is not on my Envy. Can you point me to where I can get this app?

thanks

HP Recommended

@Phab

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

Try the below links:

HP Pen models 1MR94AA, Y0C43AV, and 1CP24AV

Information:

Courtesy of @dragon_Fur - Click here to check his post with a solution to related concern.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If @Riddle_Decipher's instructions haven't got you going, some pen settings applications can be accessed via Windows 10's Settings feature. To see if your pen is amongst these, try Settings (many ways - one is click the Windows icon at the left of the taskbar, then the cog icon), "Devices", "Pen & Windows Ink". Look all around that window, including under "Related settings" at the right of the window.

HP Recommended

Riddle_Deciher's instruction worked as promised. I now have the HP Pen configuration tool that lets me change what the 2 buttons do. Thanks you for the help & solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.