Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@cchriss 

You are welcome.

Yes, it would be great -- not holding breath right now, but we might at least get some useful feedback from HP.

I don't have the particular app folder data in my WindowsApps -- I never had the app loaded.

Without a way to directly access an executable somewhere in the folder hierarchy, yes - the rest of the data in the folder is interesting but might not help restore anything useful.

Hang in there...

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur interesting news...a little strange, but positive. Problem half solved.
The pen itself, the HP Rechargeable MPP2.0 Tilt Pen, connects anyway to the Envy X360 as it works with the MPP protocol.
Basically no need for an additional connection software, as long as the notebook supports MPP.

After a long time I just opened the "myHP" App, at which I only once had a glance, when I received the notebook, still without pen.

And now...surprise, surprise...under "devices" is the X360 and below that the HP Pen appears.
This app recognizes MPP2.0 Tilt Pen automatically and there I can even configure the buttons.
Don't know why and how, but it does.

So "functionally" the problem is solved....at least for me.
But I would still like to have the HP Pen Control Plus app back, be it just in principle that a high class manufacturer should provide fully serviceable products.

HP Recommended

@cchriss 

Yes, interesting.

No idea whether we will ever see movement on making the app "portable", that is, recoverable without having to reload the OS.

I did hear back that someone will take a look, so that's something.

Thanks for the update!

Happy Spring - here or soon!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.