Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Intern
Intern
22 0 6
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ProBook 4530s & Security Manager on Windows 10 x64

HP ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I was able to upgrade this laptop to Windows 10 even if HP did not bother providing appropriate drivers for this OS.

I have Validity Fingerprint Sensor (biometric) driver installed and running properly (driver ver. 4.5.133.0) and installed HP Client Security software (ver. 8.3.17.2042) for Windows 10 x64

At this point I do not know if I do need to install "HP ProtectTools Security Manager" or not in order to be able to login at Windows login with biometric. If so, can someone please share a correct link for Windows 10 x64 ?

I need to understand how to set everything up so that current users can start using biometric at Windows logon.

Thank you

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
100651 13894 21351
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP client security manager (CSM) software superceded the Protect Tools security manager software, so that is not needed in addition to the HP CSM software.

I don't use fingerprint security so I can't help you any more than to provide this link for how to register a fingerprint in the CSM software.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?calledBy=Search_Result&docId=emr_na-c04675105&docL...

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
22 0 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Provost,

thank you for your reply. I was finally able to solve my issue. HP CSM software now function properly and am able to do all I need for, Windows login included.

There is one thing I am not able to do: avoid seing every so often the information widnows saying to manage something. Is there a way to disable this from appearing, even on user accounts who do not wish to use HP CSM software ? It is quite annoing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100651 13894 21351
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you can do about that problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation