Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion M6 1035dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently re installed my Simplepass reader and it is recognized (light flashing and fingerprint is scannable)  but now I don't have my original database and don't know where to find that file in order to restore the database. When I click on HP SimplePass in the programs listings (the white hand/finger pushing the button), I can't get that screen to show up where you add (drag) the websites into the slots to the right. Is that because the previous database of sites isn't there now? If that .bkp file still resides in my computer, where do I find it or do I need to build that again from scratch?  When I go to any website's logon screen, it tells me that that page "isn't a logon screen", though it clearly is the logon page for the site...it does that for any site I go to. Furthermore, I can actually log on to that site with my correct and username and password but the Simplepass popup screen still says "not a logon screen". Suggestions? thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JBL4311,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to unable to restore the database in the SimplePass software and you are not getting the SimplePass login popup when you go to websites.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02518653#AbT4

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.