Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Sysconp1 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 4251 not recognising HP or Dell active pens

HP Spectre X360 13-4251na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Spectre X360 for its looks and performance, being a QHD ultrabook with touch and stylus support I was pretty chuffed with myself. I paid for the restore USB and for the update from MS to Windows 10 Pro and then thought I would obtain the stylus so I could use the machine at work as a tablet/laptop. I purchased the Dell active pen, which many said was better than the HP active pen and unfortunately it was not recognised. I checked through the message threads on here and took the advice that some provided and lashed out for the HP Active pen only to find the same issue. I am now left with two pens and a laptop that cannot recognise them.

I have checked in the OS and see via the control panel that the Pen/Touch window does not recognise pen compatability for this machine. I have reinstalled the OS and installed ALL patches and hotfixes as well as the recommended drivers etc from the HP support assistant. Still I have no success, last night I restored the laptop using the USB restore, which in effect restores to the original store bought setup... you guessed it still no pen!!

I have read some of the other threads and it seems like there are quite a few others with the same model of laptop that are experiencing exactly the same issue. HP seems to be sticking its head in the sand and concentrating on their newer model, which in my opinion is a step down from the advertised abilities of the 4251. When will this deficiency be addressed?

I am sure that HP support are monitoring these forums, so can I please be provided with the next steps to follow to get this matter resolved? I purchsed the 3 year warranty and I really don't want to have to go through the returning of my laptop for what is a clear firmware/driver issue. I feel let down by HP and disappointed with their products... so before I escalate this to the social media circle to ask for additional help from the wider community and voice my upset in the process I am giving HP's forum a chance.

Come on HP, this is supporsed to be a flagship laptop and at the moment it feels more like a rowing boat... sure it looks nice, but if the promised functionality isn't there then I feel I should have gone to another supplier.

2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1964 301 580
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the below forum thread for the resolution

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Spectre-x360-Active-Pen-Stylus-C...

Below link shows if active pen will work or stylus will on the unit

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-13-x360-Convertible-PC-Series/10862116/model/12100086...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Sysconp1 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please read the model number 4251... Unless HP have released a firmware or software patch in the last 24 hours there is no pen support currently on this model. Your "solution" is for an earlier model that DID have pen functionality.
This model WAS sold as having pen functionality and this is clearly not so as confirmed by numerous other owners of this machine.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation