Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre - difference between models

HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Help!

Last night I purchased the i7 HP Spectre from John Lewis:
http://www.johnlewis.com/hp-spectre-x360-13-4129na-convertible-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-ram-512gb-ss...

I was under the belief, due to pricing, that this was the same as PC Worlds i7:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-spectre-x360-qhd-13-3-2-in-1-ash-silver-10...

But I have now noticed different product codes, and of course I want the newest/best for the such similar prices:
13-4172na (PC World)
13-4129na (John Lewis)

Can anyone work out the release dates or any other differentiation? Have been unable to work it out from the HP website etc. Need help asap as I may be cancelling my order... any help appreciated!

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP's product coding is just not very transparent but it is very possible laptops with the same specs have multiple product numbers depending on distribution channel. I am sure John Lewis and PC World is each big enough to receive dedicated model numbers from HP. I have scoured the spec lists for you on both these laptops and as far as I can ascertain, they are identical: same processor, memory, solid state drive, wireless card, screen resolution. Functionally I can see no difference. 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45783 4330 11010
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The best way to purchase the HP Spectre and get what you want is to order online directly from HP.

Your Spectre can be configured to order.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
cberry1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it seems they are. THe only difference I found was:

Pointing device

HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support

Pointing device

HP Control Zone Trackpad

Does this make any real difference?

The other product codes are more similar:

X5X71EA#ABU (John Lewis)

X5X72EA#ABU (PC World)

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think those are two slightly different devices but I would not let that difference stand in the way of purchase of either one. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation