Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Commenting to say i have the exact same issue. when very few things are open (one or two edge tabs) the fans will randomly start going like crazy, even on low temps (on quiet profile too!). Havent noticed the delayed fan thing, but also havent been looking into it deeply. Absolutely agree that a manual adjustment option is needed if the premade profiles arent going to work correctly.

HP Recommended

I just bought the Spectre 4k oled i7 icy lake and am having the same delayed fans and overheating problem. Normal chrome browsing on the quiet mode seems to still kick in fans and temperature of all cores averages at around 60 degrees C which can be a bit hot to the touch. I haven't even touched performance mode as i'm scared to see how hot it will get. They need to fix this, my old macbook would never get this hot and noisy.

HP Recommended

Hi @sudnut

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please try these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The delayed fans problem is a strictly software problem coming from the bios / drivers provided by you, HP.

So why tell people to contact hp in their region / clean the vents (when the laptop is clearly new) instead of actually forward a request to HP Tech for the features that we clients desire ? 🙂

HP Recommended

UP I guess

HP Recommended

@DraganDA I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I saw it,thank you for the information.

HP Recommended

Hello, @DraganDA,

Did you get any updates/news/improvements on this from HP? Did march BIOS update fixed this?

HP Recommended

Hi! I'm also really interested on the outcome of this issue.

I have a HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1043dx with the same problem. If I start a game the temperature rises to 98/100 degrees and stays like that for 5 minutes until the fans kick in, then the temperature is much lower. 

I'm very surprised HP has no yet addressed this issue, you could add this as one of the thermal profiles in Command Center, but not as a deffault to all of them.

HP Recommended

@YauhenK

The last bios update lowered the delay from 5 minutes to 1 - 1 and a half minute.. not great not terrible I guess

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.