cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Spectre x360 Troubleshooting

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 troubles

If you bought a HP Spectre, you got a problem. You will probably face a problem with your touchscreen. You will never get a real technical support and if you live in some countries you will never get official service.

In brief, stay way from HP Spectre.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,609 27,370 2,423 8,921
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jcubi

I am sorry you are unhappy -- you have posted several times to illustrate how you feel about the product.

My personal experience with the x360 model series is vastly different from your own.  I thoroughly enjoyed the X5P15AV system I received as a loaner.  Powerful, spry, immune to many of the woes of lesser powered machines (even within the same category), excellent wireless, no update issues.

Does that help you?  Not one bit.

Do we wish that we could help?  Yes - on at least one previous thread, you did garner a response from one of our most valued Experts -- whether the assistance is helpful in your situation is not the only test of our efforts.  

We are a community forum -- we are not HP Technical Support.

Using our community forum to post vent about your continuing unhappiness is permitted as long as you abide by the rules of participation

Using ugly language, exhibiting an abusive tone (using words, of course), languishing about and tagging on threads not of your own would not be tolerated. 

Wailing about the injustice of your treatment, displaying hostility because you are still unhappy, these are permitted -- again, within the boundaries of the rules of participation.

Should you like to have one of our Experts attempt to help with any of the issues you have with your HP devices, please remember that polite behavior will go farther than will bile.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm glad you have had a great experience with HP Spectre but I'm really surprised by the comments. I have great respect and I have always valued the help of the forum. However, in my last posts I have not requested any advice and I have not missed any forum rules. I have only expressed my opinion about the product that I bought. I have spent $ 1500 on a product that has not stopped giving me problems and my intention is that other users do not go through the same.

With just seeing this post:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-13-touch-screen-mal... you can verify that this product has serious problems with the screen. It is a hardware problem that many users have had and the company can not simply ignore it. Replacing the full toucscreen costs about 50% of the value of the equipment and this is just one of the problems.

I understand that some users have not had these problems but in that case they do not need to answer me because this does not invalidate my opinion and does not change the facts.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,879 2,819 379 1,129
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello jcubi,

I also feel sorry for your experience. The Spectre x360 is a great laptop usually offering better value than the Dell XPS 13 however I do understand that there are some issues with the device.

I'm not too sure about display issues but I have personally had to endure coil whine issues on the device - something probably anyone would want to avoid. 

Computers have their issues and that's why support and this forum exists.

I'm sure HP tries their best to investigate issues with their products and feedback from their customers.

If you have any other issue, I'm sure the HP community will try their best to help.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,609 27,370 2,423 8,921
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jcubi

My experience with the Spectre loaner is, admittedly, deemed exemplary even amongst those of us who had a similar model as a loaner this past year. 

I don't have a complete explanation for the success, though  a couple of "possibles" come to mind:

• The notebook was primarily used in an "office" setup, that is, I did not daily take the computer out and about nor did I flex the notebook to its folded position everyday.

• The notebook is "fully loaded" -- that is, premier graphics, lots of ram, and other choices available in a CTO system.   In at least one instance the higher grade graphics appear to have prevented (bypassed is perhaps a better term) an issue that was observed in "lesser" machines.

• The notebook administration was handled carefully.  My years in IT left me with some particular habits that may -- or may not -- have any impact on how the machine responds.

I believe I was "reacting" to the tone and the manner in which you first expressed yourself. 

My response to your exclamations of dismay was just that, a reaction based on my own opinion.  I do know better -- I was caught in the moment.

Reactions are not useful (in my world) - reactions do not usually provide answers and any counter-reaction tends to further confuse, inflame, drag-out any situation.

"Taking my leave"...

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation