Intern
Intern
15 3 10
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

New owner of HP Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx here.

I want to ask if the bottom of the laptop, the area above the fan openings where the FCC info/text lies, is supposed to creak when I press it slightly.

I first heard this noise when I took my laptop out of the sleeve and held that area. At first I thought it was just rubbing against the sleeve, but after further examination, that is not the case.

If this occurs with other models of the Spectre, it is a bad build quality, I am not sure which component is under there, but I want to know if the creaking noise is normal with only a slight press along the text area.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES
cubito Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

I have the same problem but in the front, in the back of the touchpad... really annoying. looks like the lid doesn't have nothing to lay on and the aluminium is very thin. poor quality for such expensive machine.

0 Kudos
coder333 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

I have the exact same problem in the front and it is bothering me and I think I will return it because of it. I love everything about this laptop but this noise makes me regret paying a lot of money for a bad build quality.

HP, do you have a resolution to this issue? 

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
414 23 133
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

Will investigate and let you know what I can find out.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
0 Kudos
cubito Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

Please include me on your reply... thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9633 7 161
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

06/01/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
16 0 10
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

I know this is a bit late but I have the same model spectre with no creaking in that area that you indicated. It's likely that it's a manufacturing defect instead of a design defect.

Dgeleroff Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

I have the same problem as gg_2015 my spectre creeks with the slightest pressure and it is really frustrating considering how much I payed for it. Any suggestions of what I can do?
0 Kudos
iteoba Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360

Please I just change my mother board after an update to windows 10,the laptop went off..and I needed to replace the motherboard which I did..now the system is prompting me to replace the battery which I did...now I am stucked on plugged in not charging issues please what can I do?av spent alot on this system...I have plugged in not charging issues and battery not detected issues what can I do please
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation