Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 cd-009la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently installed the latest version of HP Support Assistant in order to keep my laptop up to date. Nevertheless, when I try to upgrade software, the process works except for the "Analysing your system" part. Therefore, I am unable to install updates through this way. How can I solve this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rifusaki, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

For how long does the application stay on this screen?

Reinstalling the application may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:

Remove the existing version of HPSA

On the PC, go to control panel > icon view > Programs and Features > look for and uninstall HP support assistant

Check for any pending Windows update.

Reboot the PC 

Click here to download the latest version.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Kumar0307 , thank you!

The app just completes the process of checking, but left of the "analysing system" it appears as crossed.
I already uninstalled HPSA as you said, with Geek Uninstaller too, removed HP Support Framework too, installed an old and the new version, and none of this worked.

At this point, I'm almost giving up on this. But, when I manually downloaded the drivers from here, there was a compatibility issue with Windows, even though it said that it was for the 1903 release. Yet when I checked, I remembered I am part of the slow release of the Windows Insider program, and therefore, I have the 1903.3 release. Could this be the issue?

Sorry for slow answer. Thank you again!

HP Recommended

@rifusaki

Have you made any changes to the display language recently?

Check for any pending Windows update on the PC, reboot it once done.

That's unfortunate. Let us create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to this document to know how. Once created, install HP Support Assistant and check.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.