1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant not providing the latest updates

HP Recommended
HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My HP Support Assistant is not finding the latest drivers and BIOS. For example, my BIOS version is F.67 but the one from the HP Software and Driver Downloads website is the F.70 version or the graphics driver which can be updated using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant. Yes the Serial and Product numbers are correct I made sure. The Assistant is working just fine, connects, checks, everything but somehow doesn't receive new software and firmware.

That is why I recently went through a lot of pain reinstalling the HP Support Assistant in order to solve the issue, so first let me tell you what I did: For some reason the HP Solutions Framework was not installed but the Assistant was which is why I thought it might be bugged and wanted to do a fresh install.

As I uninstalled the Assistant and wanted to install it again including the Solutions Framework, they both said there was a newer version installed on my PC and it didn't work. I tried older versions as well as the newest version from the HP website. I used the Revo uninstaller, still didn't work. So I deleted any files and registries and whatever you can dream of which was remotely ascociated with the two programmes, over and over and over again. Anyone who has done it before will know how time consuming and tedious that job is.  I did countless reboots and I got error messages of programmes and files not letting me install it so I repeated the process. I used disc cleanup, system file check, dism restore health. Overall I must have spent at least 24 hours with the whole **bleep** thing. On a side note, my laptop is running better after all that.

After going through all that trouble and real world persistance, during what time I would have had so much fun playing PUBG instead, I was finally able to install it again, now the Solutions Framework and the Assistant are both installed. You can't imagine my relief, my time wouldn't be wasted after all. But Hello!!!!!! As I logged in and had my PC checked for updates and messages, I only got a few freaking messages which are absolutely of no use to me. The assistant works fine but it's still not getting any updates from the server.

There better be a solution to that issue because what use is the promise from HP that you get all you driver, software and firmware updates in one place with the HP Support Assistant and don't have to worry about it but instead you must search for every driver update manually and use a bunch of other Driver and support assistants like the one from Intel amongst others. 

Can anyone help me figure this out? It would be much appreciated but It's quite possible that the HP Support Assistant is just worthless and I will have to do it manually. I have gotten BIOS updates from Assistant so I know it works and I liked having it all in one place. But that has been quite a while. 

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your responses.

Update: The Assistant does get an update for the Printer though. It seems the Assistant doesn't get the Information for available updates from the server for my laptop.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
26,174 25,937 2,272 8,377
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Erzherzog

The HP Support Assistant is a good program.  The HPSA software may not work for everyone in every situation.

If you want to try reinstalling the HP Support assistant again, try / consider

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features >

Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in

NOTE:

When / If asked whether you want to save any of the presets / personal HPSA information, respond to have any (personal) data associated with the program removed along with the HPSA software.

Download:

HP Support Assistant

• If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator and install.
  • After the software is installed:  Restart the computer and log in

Help for HPSA:

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎

If you cannot use the HPSA to update your HP software and drivers, use the "manual method" to update software and drivers

• Open the Software and Driver Support page for your exact model
  • If necessary, Click the Flag to change to your region / country
  • If necessary, "Change" to the Operating System you are running (and for which you need Updates)
  • Open the list of categories / updates (Click the "box with a plus sign"
  • Peruse the list
  • Download, save, and install those updates you want installed on your computer

HINTS: 

1. If the HPSA gives you a list (in spite of it not installing the drivers), use that list to look for drivers / software to install.  
  2. Do not install the BIOS with "other" software.  BIOS should be a separate update, that is, do this one by itself.  READ any instructions provided on the Details page before you update.  Connect the computer to AC power.

After all the "other" updates are installed (and the computer has been Restarted), consider whether you want to install the BIOS update.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation