Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updates definition

Pavilion 15 ab053nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep trying to check for updates but it just stays at downloading messages and updates definitions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problems.

4 REPLIES 4
Teacher
Teacher
177 129 2 4
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem this morning when it stuck on the second stage for over two hours then ended itself:

snip - HP downloading long time 2016-01 25th..PNG

I've just opened the Support Assistant  > Updates which said 'No Update is available' so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'

and am just watching the same screen as the top one I posted. After seven minutes it's still on the same stage.

HP - you appear to have a problem. I'll see if Tech Support will be interested.

The only way that I could get rid of the HP Support Assistant that had a magnifying glass over it was to restart my PC.

I don't know if it's connected but when I logged on just now this window appeared:

snip - HP site unavailable 2016-01 25th.PNG

I OK'd it and was through to thr home page!

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
177 129 2 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate that this forum is manned by helpful and knowledgeable volunteers, not HP staff but surely there must be a way for the most experienced members here/the Moderator to alert HP Technical staff about what could be a major problem?

I'm beginning to think that there is no HP Technical Support team - try and find your way to them via this community and you'll see what I mean.

Clearly they still haven't resolved their restructuring problems. Goodness knows what would happen should I need to get help from them if my brand new PC fails. I think the word 'Support' in their title is an oxymoron.

0 Kudos
BushCow Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 3
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any solution ever found for this issue? I have been experiencing the same problem for a couple weeks and failed to find any resolution anywhere.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
177 129 2 4
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I stopped using the facility on the HP site. Instead I use the new Support Assistant to chck for updates. It's brilliant and checks my PC rather just pouring oyt a list of every update for this model. Try it!!!! and do let me know how you got on.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation