Level 1
6 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Support Assistant won't open.

HP Recommended
1515-da0073ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A brief Subject title including HP Support Assistant won't open.

• Product Name: DESKTOP L5GCQ52 Operating System is Windows 10 (64-bit)

A short description of the problem - HP Support Assistant is not working properly on my HP Laptop.

• Meaning Basically the HP Support Assistant won't open after I open the program it gives me the display of HP Support Assistant Tasks and a YES & NO button to tap. After I tap YES it displays the logo of the program for about 0.5 seconds then disappears.
  • A detailed message with the following information: HP Support Assistant won't open. Even after following the steps on the HP help/support website to do "A Restore system files and settings", Uninstalling & Re-Installing the HP Support Assistant from its website. It's been uninstalled & reinstalled over 10 times. I've noticed that my Laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 keeps getting the version 8 downloaded to it automatically. It's supposed to get version 9 though. Also, the last time I did a "Download & Install" from my HP product page: HP PC's Downloading & Updating Software & Drivers. Also after I open the program it gives me the display of HP Support Assistant Tasks and a YES & NO button to tap. After I tap YES it displays the logo of the program for about 0.5 seconds then disappears.
    • Product Name and Operating System: It is an HP Notebook/Laptop with the Product Name of DESKTOP L5GCQ52
    • Operating System is Windows 10 64-bit
    • How do I find my product name and number? N/A
    • Description of the problem including (It's just above at the 3rd bullet same as the detailed message).
    • Error messages, if any - NO ERROR MESSAGES
    • Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred. NO changes made to my knowledge.
    • BTW: HP already knows this. I have a SmartFriend Plan ($15 a month well worth it) however, I've been sort of ill lately & illness is expected to last 6 to 12 more months. When I talk on the telephone for over a 5 minute period, I usually get very sick to my stomach. Otherwise, I would have called HP SmartFriend & had them take care of this & two other major problems over 2 months ago.
    • Anything anybody can do would be Greatly appreciated.
    • Respectfully, Barry
dadybear1234
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation