Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-ew0000 IDS Base Model

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop during this black friday. It arrived a few days ago and when I was setting it up, it said that the warranty had expired for some reason. I tried to dispute the warranty but it wouldn't let me connect to hp chat without having a warranty for some reason. Upon further review, my laptop shows a serial number associated with a different computer but my product number matches this laptop. The serial number is [Personal Information Removed] which is associated with the HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4-1121tu instead of my laptop model which is HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15t-ew000 with the correct product number which is 549V1AV. Just to sum everything up my product number shows the proper model but the serial number is the one that is wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I forgot to add one more thing which is that the bios shows this serial number as well as the serial number engraved on the bottom of my laptop.

HP Recommended

@Da_Legend121

Welcome to the HP support community,

I understand that the warranty is not updated for your notebook, I am glad to assist you.

If you have raised a dispute through this link:- Click here

And if the issue is not resolved, this might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message wi th the steps top talk to HP support. 

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.