Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 3 (315 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP and Sony Camera

I have a Sony DSC T10 and an HP Envy TS I7 with Windows 8.1 and the camera is not being recognized when plugged into an USB.  Device manager does not recognize the device.  Have installed updated software from Sony and it does not find the device.  Any ideas, please.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP and Sony Camera

Hi clb7122,

When a device is not being recognized by the computer, it can be for many different reasons. I have included the document 'Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 8)'. Please select the option for USB device not detected by Windows (no device name in Device Manager), and follow through the general troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting, and if you are able to successfully connect your camera after the troubleshooting.

Thank you.

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi clb7122,

When a device is not being recognized by the computer, it can be for many different reasons. I have included the document 'Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 8)'. Please select the option for USB device not detected by Windows (no device name in Device Manager), and follow through the general troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting, and if you are able to successfully connect your camera after the troubleshooting.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

Thank you for your response.  I had tried those procedures with no success.  I contacted Sony and they offered a partial solution in that we had to change the connectivity on the camera.  Well with that change we could see the pictures, copy them to the computer, but could not delete anything from the camera.

It seems it was a a one way communication using a PTP setting on the camera.  We can see the pictures, off load them, but cannot communicate back to the camera.

If we use the Auto USB setting with Windows 7, than it works just fine and had two way communication between the camera and the HP Windows 7 computer.

Now I am not sure if it is a HP issue or a Sony issue.  Have not contacted Sony again as the camera is actually my sister's and she does not live near me.

Thanks for your help.  I appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation