Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy x360 13-ar0008ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm using hp envy x360 13-ar0008ne. There is an issue with it that sometimes its touchpad and touchscreen both stops working randomly and simultaneously. And in this situation the battery icon on taskbar becomes unresponsive as I plug or unplug the charger it takes too much time to change its state.

And as I restart my laptop or shutdown it and turn it on, it again starts working perfectly.

And when I test my touchpad with HP support assistant it passes the test and even it passes the test in bios mode if I test in HP hardware diagnoistic - UEFI. No errors found even all components tests passed.

I have also checked the drivers, they are updated and windows ia alos updated but it is happening on daily basis.

Is there any solution?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NaeemPUCIT

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue 
Last thing I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows)You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

First of all, this is very difficult for me because I have partitions on its hard drive and it has almost 400gb of data and I'm sure in factory reset it will format the entire hard drive. 

Secondly, the factory OS has installed Windows 10 1909v and I will again end up by updating it to 2004v and it may start doing this again.

You can't figure it out like this which driver or is software causing this issue as Hardware seems to be fine?  Or we can't check the event logs in windows or something like that?

There were also some drivers updates in the windows update that I updated (And some of them seem like they are not even updated on the HP website). Video drivers are also updated using the AMD website because it was having the most recent update than the HP website.

I would like to add more information as this issue happens (mentioned above) somethings happen and more is that the Function keys which are currently set to directly perform the task given on the button like volume up, down, brightness up, down, and all other when that issue occurs the brightness functions stops working, brightness buttons (f2 and f3) work (checked them using another way) but the brightness not changes. But still, brightness is changeable by the action center sliding the brightness bar using an external mouse, and all other function key work. 

The keyboard/speaker/USB ports seem to be working fine.

I have also tried to enable and disable the touchscreen and touchpad by device manager as touch hardware appears there but nothing happens. And even, it doesn't seem like that touchpad or touchscreen tried to disconnect from the board????

And as I restart, hibernate or shutdown and turn in it back everything seems fine. But by sleep mode and again turn on, it remains the same and also it causes to vanish the cursor.

Anything???

HP Recommended

@NaeemPUCIT

Thank you for posting back. 

Not to worry, I've got a few more steps to isolate the issue. 

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything is updated in Windows update and also in Hp Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

@NaeemPUCIT

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue and as we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.