Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I wanna change my fuction keys, but i dont know how.  Its work now on f1-f12, but i need to change it with 'fn'+f1-f12 keys.

Help me with that problem quicktly, please. Thx! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the link below:

Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the link below:

Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

hi, i have a hp pavilion g6, but some function keys no do the correct function, for example if i press the buttom +volume no do nothing or do another function, how can i correct this problem??? i need to reinstall the driver and if i need to reinstall the fn function keys drivers, where can i download the correct drivre???

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

@gabrielgamezat

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel, yr are right, is because i dont have my laptop here, but i get it.. it say.. HP PAVILION G6-1B70US with Prdouct Numbre: LW245UA#ABA

Best Regards.

Gabriel- Monterrey, Mx

HP Recommended

@gabrielgamezat

Uninstall the current HP Quick Launch Software and restart the system.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install the latest HP Quick Launch Software from here.

Restart the system and check the result.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot Daniel !!!!

Best Regards.

Gabriel

HP Recommended

You're welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

I have hp pavilion G6 2125TU, product no.  C5H81PA

Hi guys i have facing following problem...

Function keys are not performing correct functions, or do another functions,like if i hold function key and try to increase or reduce the screen light ,  instead of increasing or decreasing it shows a search box.. how can i resolve this problem?will i need to reinstall the driver and if i need from where can i download the correct drivre???

i want to add one more thing recently i had installed hp quick launch software from hp official website..

HP Recommended

Hello Khakan,

I'm not sure which operating system you have, but once you select it, you will be able to download your drivers.

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.