Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0002ax
Microsoft Windows 11

I installed Windows 11 from scratch and I am running the Windows default "Balanced Power Plan", which runs a bit too hot for my liking. I want to use the "HP recommended Power Plan" which originally comes with the laptop, so looking for
- any downloadable config file or

- even the key/values pairs of "HP recommended Power Plan" using which I can manually create/edit a new power Plan to "HP recommended Power Plan". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way I know of where you will be able to get that would be to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable recovery drive to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

Then you can upgrade back to W11.

Another thing you can try is installing the HP command center app from the Microsoft Store, which has different cooling plan options.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-command-center/9p92n00qv14j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way I know of where you will be able to get that would be to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable recovery drive to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

Then you can upgrade back to W11.

Another thing you can try is installing the HP command center app from the Microsoft Store, which has different cooling plan options.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-command-center/9p92n00qv14j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response Paul. I am accepting your reply as the solution as it basically summarizes what are the available options. For anyone who stumbles upon this post and looking to use HP command center app, just want to let you know what it did not work for me but it might work for you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the HP command center app didn't work for your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.