Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-1100 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I just got this laptop, and I've been trying to customize it to my liking.  I've run into a problem in that I want to have the battery slider on the battery bar in the task manager. Online it says that there's a bug in the system, and selecting the "balanced" power plan will enable it. However on my laptop in the power plan settings, I only have high performance, power saver, and an "HP Recommended" power plan. When I select the HP recommended power plan,  nothing happens. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @DCBY12

Are you taking about this Battery Mode slider?

battery mode slider.JPG

It wasn't showing in my HP Omen either until I had to mess with the settings, then it finally started  working.

I set the power option to HP Recommended.

Then I unplugged the power cord, then fiddled with the settings in the Task Manager for Power Throttling, then suddenly the slider appeared (specifically when I selected Power Throttling to appear, the slider magically appeared).

The settings that are discussed here...

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/power-throttling-windows-10

It now shows no matter if I'm plugged in or not. I  think as you said, its a "glitch" in Windows.

You might have to restart the PC also.

If that does not work for you, I am at a loss.

HP Recommended

Don't know if its just me but this computer seems to have a lot of stuff missing. I tried going to task manager to enable power throttling, but for some reason the list ended at  "Enterprise Content". 

Desktop_171226_1133.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.