08-02-2015 01:43 PM
I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager. My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?
08-03-2015 01:08 PM
I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
08-04-2015 11:38 PM
It's happening to me too and I made a comment about this on another form post: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchSmart-PC/HP-Recovery-Manager-Blocked-After-Windows-10-Upgrade/m-p/...
I'm thinking it could be an licensing issue as Windows says the certificate has been revoked.
08-09-2015 01:09 AM - edited 08-09-2015 01:13 AM
Ok I found a fix. It was the certificate.
What you need to do is:
1. Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager" in file explorer.
2. Right click on Rebecca.exe (Recovery Program) and click "copy".
3. Paste it on your desktop.
4. Unzip this download http://www.fluxbytes.com/software-releases/fileunsigner-v1-0/
5. Drag your copied version of Rebecca.exe onto FileUnsigner.exe
6. Right click on Rebecca.exe on the desktop and click "copy".
7. Paste it back into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery Manager" and say yes to replacing it with existing file.
8. Search "HP Recovery Manager", click on it and a prompt will come up, click "yes" and it should open.
You can repeat this for other programs that are blocked. It basically removes the outdated certificate that is preventing it to open in Windows 10.
HP Setup Manager is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Setup Manager" called "hpDST.exe".
08-10-2015 07:36 AM
Thank You for that 93ben but that is a little bit over my head as I am not that computer literate is Microsoft or Hp going to create a windows update to fix the problem or do you even know this??
08-14-2015 03:47 AM
I too have this issue with HP Pavilion g6 Notebook. Rebecca gets blocked so I reinstalled operating system 3 times with same result. I would prefer HP to please fix this issue. Also noticed that IDT Audio and Synaptics mouse pad don't lock in changes made after shutting down and starting up again!
08-15-2015 06:57 PM - edited 08-15-2015 06:57 PM
Sorry but I doubt HP will create a fix for this since they told me on twitter that "There will be no fix as this is how the OS works." https://twitter.com/HPSupport/status/628915746295447553
Not sure if microsoft will change their security settings either to allow outdated certificates.
So atm this is the only soluction unfortnately.