Intern
72 0 9
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)

How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.

I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AV

If this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct location

In anticipation

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Provost Provost
Provost
45984 4356 11092
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.  

There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.  

I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
72 0 9
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

Thank you Erico for the update...I have had my device for almost 4 months....seems the documentaion is slow to be presented to the customer...!!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
72 0 9
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

Hi My device is now 10 months old..still need data on Power Reset...Only thing HP support recommends is to remove the back and unplug the battery!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45984 4356 11092
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

For the x360 notebook :

1) Remove the battery

2) Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds

That is called a hard reset.  Performing that procedure drains any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory and it effectively resets the PC or notebook.

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
72 0 9
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

Hi Erico

Thank you for a quick response

So you are telling me I should remove the screws and remove the back of this X360...the battery is sealed inside the device...will this not viod the warranty?

This is the same answer I got from support...but they were unable to tell me this action would not viod the warranty!

Stu

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45984 4356 11092
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard power reset

Here is a link to videos for servicing the notebook. I would ask HP about this before doing it. At least get the agent's name and a case number before doing this.

See the Base enclosure  and then, the Battery video.

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=9256669&MEID=2C98031A-AA07-4072-9177-39E5A2C1EC3B 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation