Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Sophiia Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having a problem installing the seecurity updates on my HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One

23-g218
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been trying to get about 20 security updates installed on my computer since last week. When I go to the control panel and select windows updates it tells me I have 20 updates and 6 optional updates. After updating it tells me that the updates were successfully installed. I have tried clicking on check for updates and it will tell me I need to download those same updates again. I have restarted my computer and after restarting it will tell me I need to install these updates. I have even gone to the microsoft website searched for each update it says I need and installed them using the Windows Update Standalone Installer and its still saying I need these updates. Am I doing something wrong or do I even need them?

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1164 2314
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having a problem installing the seecurity updates on my HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One

Hi @Sophiia,

Welcome to the HP Forums!  Thank you for posting your question in the HP community, a great place to get support. I read your post about windows updates not getting installed properly. I  thank you for providing me an opportunity to assist you.

Please visit this link on HP forums and try these steps to resolve the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-support-assistant-not-install...

Otherwise, Microsoft offers free support for windows updates. Please visit this link and try these steps out.

Link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/windows-8-updates-wont-install/062...

I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

1.     Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

2.     What is the exact error message or error code?

Try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check the Service status of Windows Update.

a) Press Windows key + R and type “services.msc” in the search field and press ENTER.

b) Scroll down to find " Windows Update ".

c) Right-click " Windows Update “, and then click Start.

d) Check if the issue persists.

Download and install the update manually. If it does not work Please contact Microsoft  by visiting this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Do let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Take care now and do have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation