Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't believe that the drivers I posted were for the audio.

They were for the devices where the person posted the hardware ID's for them.

From what I understand, the audio used to work on the older builds of W10, but seems to have a problem with the newer builds.

ProBook 6550b. No speaker sound after Windows 10 updated yes... - HP Support Community - 6320104

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try, so hopefully you will find something that works for your notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, I've previously followed the route on the referenced post and had similar challenges; the software would not install on this PC.

Do you perhaps know which previous versions of Windows 10 (implied in the referenced post) still allowed the sound on the ProBook 6550b to be functional?

This is the current build installed on it:

JohanvT_0-1651937339840.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The problem is that the older versions of W10 will not get any updates, and you will have to constantly stop the latest build from installing.

I can give you the link to the previous version (1703) the person referenced before the sound quit working on version 1709.

Before I do that however, I need to know what language you need.

In South Africa, you may use a couple different languages.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, that could be very helpful, thanks

Language is English, I normally use the UK version.  US keyboard layout.

I have used the Windows 10 Pro version for 64 bit.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the link to the W10 Pro v1703 English International 64-bit ISO file.

https://software.download.prss.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1703_EnglishInternational_x64.iso?t=d0daec43-3... 

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

You can use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

I can give you any previous W10 ISO file you want all the way back to the first one released to market in 2015.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.