Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went over to HP's official website to download drivers and the motherboard drivers weren't there. I checked in device manager and I don't have HP's drivers, just the default one Windows provides. Any fixes for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KingRyeRye wrote:

I went over to HP's official website to download drivers and the motherboard drivers weren't there....

@KingRyeRye 

Very interesting, I have not heard there was a motherboard driver. Normally we use driver/firmware for chipset. engine ... which are components of System boards.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@KingRyeRye 

If you buy a retail motherboard, you will generally get a CD that often says "motherboard drivers" on it -- but this is just a term used to mean the collection of drivers needed for the hardware components included with that motherboard.

This collection will include things like chipset drivers, disk controller drivers, audio drivers, video drivers (if there is onboard video).

These are the same drivers that HP includes on the product page for the laptop model.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 

Did the OP ask for motherboard for an HP laptops / notebooks ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien 

I never said he asked for a motherboard!  I was only explaining what the term "motherboard drivers" generally means and why he would not find something by that name on the HP website.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.