Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I've currently been having some issues with these "hot keys" on my laptop and it's really irritating expecially when those are the hot keys I need to use for potions and ect. during my gaming. Can someone please help me? It's a HP Pavilion dv7 61-63us if I remember correctly, so can anyone please help me on this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you referring to F1 - F12 keys on your Notebook? If thats the case,  you can disable these keys and can activate it only when FN key is pressed as a combination on the Notebook. 

Refer below link for additional info

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

ok so i thought thease keys were hot-keys maybe i am mistaken the keys that i wish to disable are the keys directly under the esc button for hotmail the cyberlink webcam internet printer and calculator hot-keys. it becomes very irritateing when i am doing other things and i attempt to push either esc tap caps lock or the shift button and thease things start to pop up. i need a way to disable them please if u could render assistance it would be very appreciative!

HP Recommended

Thanks alot proffeser kamat  it helped alot KUDOS to u sir

HP Recommended

I am unable to use my mute and volume buttons without pressing Fn. I have tried to change it in the bios but it still does the same thing. How can i fix this. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.