Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (2W0H9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

You know how this site will list HP .... c0000 then some number? The laptop itself lists C0xxxx. That doesn't make sense. The box, I believe, lists something different instead of 0000. I noticed that the e-mail receipt that I have (It was not mailed to me, but somebody else probably has the original), does not have anything but information about the trial antivirus suite.

Why does this laptop not list the full model number, when I type in the shortcut to view it? When I go to the support links to view the information to look at information for this laptop, I cannot view information specifically for this model. It shows multiple links to notebook computers in this series. How is a person supposed to find the exact model? Basically, I need to find the receipt, or look up the serial number and product number, instead of looking for the model number like before. It is like I need to be a tech support person working for HP to get specifications to figure out some basic problems, instead of doing a search.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JoshuaCaleb 

That is a nightmare for our support volunteers too. To be able to get what a machine is we may have to spend time and time to dig few layers and may ending up wrong information.

Anyway, please use HPSA or System info or looking around to get its SKU, model/product ID ....  For example

From HPSA:

prd name.png

From System info

sysmode.png

You can see same my 840 G5 from 2 different tools but the first one is Product number and the second one is System SKU.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Well, I have done this, but it is confusing to me. When I ask for support here, it says the same model number when i tag this computer system as it does in the HP assistant. I will have to verify it is the same as the box when I have access to the box. I know that the prior system had a sticker on it. It may or may not have had the model number listed differently as well. I think it is strange that the website itself (HP Support) lists the model with xx instead of the actual model as if it hiding it from me.

It is hard for me to believe that my model is a bunch of zeros. shows numbers mixed with letters after the letters with zeros tells me that the zeros are showing a series, and not an actual model number possibly.

the numbers with the letters after the zeros in parenthesis may be the specifics in the series. This is not necessary to say, but I really liked the previous system better due to the bells and whistles. It seems to me that this one is more about emphasizing the discontinuation of windows 10, and promoting windows 11. I don't like having to add extra peripherals that are difficult to find. Anyways, I will verify the model as soon as i can get to the box. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.