Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (320M3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Support Assistant includes two old HP products that I no longer have.  I tried to delete them (per a Google search: click on the "pencil" icon at the top right), but the DELETE link does not come up.  I just bought a new HP laptop so I scrapped out the old HP laptop as well as an old HP printer that "died".  I just want to delete them from HP Support Assistant, but there is no link to do that.  Does anyone out there have the solution?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Fred1940 

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Note:  Log into your HP Account if / when you need central access to your device information, including the ability to update your personal  information.

HP Support Personal Dashboard Resource Guide 

Example

HP_Account_Dashboard_4HP_Account_Dashboard_4

If removing the device from the HP Account Dashboard does not clear the old printer from the HPSA,

Consider

The HP Support Assistant is not listed in Category Software and Drivers

What does that mean?

Unknown.

The general fix to "refresh" the application

Uninstall HP Support Assistant from Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Restart the computer and sign in

Download and Save a fresh copy of the HPSA installation package from the HP Support Assistant website

Install the app

Restart the computer and log in

==========================================================

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Information / Video / White Paper / Download

HP Support Assistant

Technical white paper - HP Support Assistant 9.0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will that work?

Unclear.

Normally, yes - this works.

That the HPSA is not listed in your computer's Drivers and Category is unexpected.

No, I cannot explain why the HP Support Assistant is not listed in Category Software and Drivers

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (320M3AV) 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.