Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-1059wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop will turn on perfectly fine. It will stay on a purple screen with a circle saying “please wait” for about 5-10 minutes. Once it starts up I try to open the on-screen keyboard like I always do since some of the letters on my keyboard doesn’t work. It won’t open and it freezes for 5 minutes then the on-screen keyboard pops up then I need to wait 2-3 minutes to try and type in my password once I put in my password it takes 2 minutes to log in then once it do. I can’t open any apps at all. I can’t see the Wi-Fi at the bottom bar and I can’t open the windows menu. I’ve tried the F11 button and the esc button but nothing happens it just continues. I’ve tried multiple times but nothing helps. How can I fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Jeishax

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see you are facing a performance issue with your computer. 

The issue you are facing could be due to a hardware issue with your computer as well. 

Request you run an extensive test on your computer and share the results. 

Shut down your computer. 

Wait for a minute. 

Power On your computer and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the system test and run an extensive test on your computer. 

Refer this article for assistance https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know the results. 

Rahul - HP Social Media Tech Support.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I did everything you told me to do. It all passed. But I’m still having the same issue. What do I do now? 

HP Recommended

@Jeishax

Thanks for getting back to us. Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. You were interacting with @Chimney_83 but he is out of the office. Don't worry, I'd be happy to help you further. 

As the diagnostics have passed, I'd suggest you try re-installing the operating system on the computer -

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F11 once for System Recovery.

4) Choose the Keyboard Layout.

5) Click on Troubleshoot.

6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’ve done it but it doesn’t work. Everytime I press esc nothing happens it just turns on like it normally does. 

HP Recommended

@Jeishax

It looks like you were interacting with @asmita6658, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Since the Recovery did not work, I suggest you use the Recovery Media to Reset the Notebook

If you do not have a Recovery Media, please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.