Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-fq0008na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help.

My HP Notebook - 15s-fq0008na has the following ports............1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 headphone/microphone combo

I already use the HDMI port for 1 external monitor, when I tried to use the USB-C with another monitor it didn't work as the port is for data transfer only. Is there a way I can attach another external monitor (running extended screens) so I can have 3 different screens in total running at the same time?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Viz72 

As you can see, its USB-C port is hopeless.  If you wish to connect 2 external monitors (only), you can use

Monitor 1: HDMI direct cable

Monitor 2: Using a Displaylink Certified USB-A to HDMI adapter such as

https://www.amazon.com.au/CableCreation-Adapter-Windows-Compatible-2560x1440/dp/B013G4CJM8

For more connectivity, please use

True Universal Docking Stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.