Level 1
7 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to install missing Critical patches to my Pavilion dv6t

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My notebook has gone terribly slow and I have triedMcAfee Enterprise, Hitmanpro and even MalwareBytes but to no avail. To make it worse it some times overheats. I have set it on top of a heat dissipation platform it has somewhat helped keeping the heat controlled but the internal fan is still running at very high rpm. gets a bit noisy.

what would be a solution to this these problems which seem to be interelated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @tchellaram,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand that your notebook is overheating and the performance is slow. Although you have availed yourself to using a cooling pad the fan still constantly runs.

Here are two links I think will help you with this difficulty. HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating and HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 7).

Please let me know if this helped.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation